Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, April 15, 2013

Music Monday #7 (I Believe)


We are back with our Music Monday selection.  I missed posting last week, but am excited to post our song from today.

I introduced the song "I Believe" by Yolanda Adams.  I first heard this song last year during an episode of the X-Factor.  The young singer Rachel Crow sang it and I feel in love with it immediately. 

The lyrics are quite powerful and send a wonderful message to the listener.  The song comes from the movie Honey.  I have not seen the movie, but after listening to this song and seeing clips of the movie, I do hope to see it one day. 

As soon as I played this for the class today I could tell that they liked it.  We had a wonderful discussion about the message of the song and what it meant to each of us.  The writers also enjoyed watching the video.  I've included several different versions of the video below.  My students watched the one from the movie and the clip with Rachel Crow from the X-Factor. 

Our Music Monday List for 2012-2013...

Music Monday #1 (What I Am by Will I Am)
Music Monday #2 (Proud by Heather Small)
Music Monday #3 (Good Time by Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen)
Music Monday #4 (Dreamer by Chris Brown)
Music Monday #5 (Home by Phillip Phillips)
Music Monday #6 (Count on Me by Bruno Mars)
Music Monday #7 (Louder by Charice)
Music Monday #8 (Thriller by Michael Jackson)
Music Monday #9 (Firework by Katy Perry)
Music Monday #10 (Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo ole)
Music Monday #11 (Hall of Fame by The Script with Will I Am)
Music Monday #12 (Shooting Star by Owl City)
Music Monday #13 (Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson)
Music Monday #14 (Do They Know Its Christmas by Band Aid)
Music Monday #14 (Do They Know Its Christmas from Glee)
Music Monday #15 (Take a Look at Me Now by Greyson Chance)
Music Monday #16 (My Wish by Rascal Flatts)
Music Monday #17 (Dream Big by Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand)
Music Monday #18 (The World's Greatest by R. Kelly)
Music Monday #19 (Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka and Glee)
Music Monday #20 (Rainbow Connection from The Muppets)
Music Monday #21 (One Moment in Time by Whitney Houston)
Music Monday #22 (One Day by Matisyahu)
Music Monday #23 (Surfin' USA by The Beach Boys)
Music Monday #24 (Vitamin String Quartet playing Bad Romance by Lady Gaga)
Music Monday #25 (I Believe by Yolanda Adams)





No comments:

Post a Comment