What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1. *Liberty has a love and passion for the sky, the stars, and the great big universe that is beyond herself.
2. *Liberty and her younger sister Jilly are not entirely surprised when their parents announce they are separating.
3. *What they are surprised by is how much their father changes once he is out of their family home.
4. *The two girls naviagate a new "normal" spliting their time between two homes.
5. *While they once shared an interest in the night sky, Liberty now wonders if she shares the same emotion problems her father suffers from.
What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
1. *2019 must be the year of space, stars, and galaxies far away. I've read several middle-grade stories that revolve around the topic of astronomy.
2. *I truly enjoy the story of Liberty, Jilly, and the changes in their lives.
3. *A.S. King created a perfectly paced story with short, engaging chapters. I know this will be appealing to young readers.
4. *Liberty's "conversations" with the rock that fell from space were unique, thoughtful, and spot on.
5. *In my opinion, the author created a realistic picture of what a family goes through during a divorce and coming to terms with a new reality.
Who Should Read It:
Readers in grade three and above would be perfect for this newest story from A.S. King. The chapters are short which I think is appealing for young readers. If you know of children that have and/or experiencing divorce, this story would definitely be a support for them. Happy Reading!
Rating: 4 STARS out of 5 Stars