Treat Tuesday - Cheesecake Bars
*We entertained some friends on Friday night.
*Everyone brought an appetizer and/or dessert.
*This was brought and over-the-top delicious!
*Lucky for us, the guests that brought it, left the extras for us.
- 1 log refrigerated cookie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 20 Oreos, plus more crushed for topping
- 2 8-oz bars cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Warm caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8-x-8" baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil leaving a 2" overhang. Press cookie dough into bottom of baking dish.
- Top with a layer of Oreos (break them up to form a single layer). Set aside.
- Make cheesecake layer: In a medium bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour over Oreo layer and smooth top.
- Top with more crushed Oreos and bake until the center is only slightly jiggly, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled, about 3 hours.
- Remove cheesecake bars from baking dish and slice.
- Drizzle with warm caramel and serve.
Treat Tuesday: Middle-Grade Novel
Treat Tuesday: Young-Adult Novel