Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, December 9, 2016

Friday Friday #169 (The Crossover by Kwame Alexander)


Hi!  I'm Joe and I read the book called The Crossover written by Kwame Alexander.

I thought this book was AMAZING because I love basketball and the story is pretty much about basketball.  It was a great story.


My favorite part in the story was when JB cut Filthy locks off because it was one of the funnier parts in the story.  




The character that I liked best was Filthy McNasty because he got 49 free throws in a row and I could love to do that.  


I think the author wrote this book because basketball is a really cool and fun sport and he wanted to write a story about it to share with kids.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it is spectacular and one of my favorites from this year.  It is written in a cool style.  


Reading to me is cool because there are so many great books out there to read and they take you to a new world.  This one took me to the world of basketball.  His other story takes you to the world of soccer.  


*After hearing Kwame speak at #NCTE16, I knew it was time to introduce his two books to my readers.
*Once I book talked The Crossover and Booked, the fourth graders were so excited to read them.
*I have a couple of copies of each, and they have been in the hands of readers ever since.
*A couple of my readers are listening to the audio while they follow along and they love it!  
*The excitement over this book is palpable.  







No comments:

Post a Comment