Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wonder Wednesday #204 (Charlotte Huck Committee)

Wonder Wednesday - Dream Come True

*My friend Franki Sibberson encouraged me to apply for the NCTE Charlotte Huck Awards Committee.

*I sent in an application in December of 2015, but was not selected for the committee.  I didn't apply in 2016.

*After attending the NCTE convention this past November in which I attended the Charlotte Huck Awards luncheon, I decided to give it another shot.


*This week I was pleasantly surprised when I received an invitation to accept a membership position on the committee.  I'm excited, honored, and ready for this next journey in my professional and "reading" life.

*Being a bit short on time, I decided to post the acceptance letter here as my weekly WONDER.  This is truly a wonder and I can't wait to get started in early 2018...




No comments:

Post a Comment