Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Where the Truth Lies by Anna Bailey

How I Heard About It:
*While shopping at the local book store, I came across a table of "must-reads".  This novel caught my attention and in the book basket it went.  This was my first novel published for adults in 2023 and what a page-turner it was.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*A mystery set in a small town where it seems everyone has secrets.  

*After seventeen year old Abigail goes missing after entering the "woods', the town's people are all a "buzz" about what happened to her.

*Her best friend, Emma, who was with her the night she disappeared, sets out to find out what happened to Abigail.

*Abigail's family had their share of "secrets" before their only daughter went missing, but after she doesn't return from the woods, their secrets begin to catch up to them.

*Everyone wants answers, but are also afraid of what the truth will reveal.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections

*I love when I find a new story that turns out to be engaging, suspenseful, and just a plain old good page-turner.

*From the moment I started to the very last page, I was intrigued by the story of missing Abigail and all the secrets that surrounded the people of this small town.

*There were quite a few characters to keep track of, but once I found my pacing, everyone begin to fit together.

*The plot was told between "then" and "now" which was a wonderful format and pulled everything toward the exciting climax.  

*The novel may not be the most well-written or content "heavy" story, but it sure was an enjoyable read.


Who Should Read It:

*I think any adult reader would enjoy the mystery and find this a great read for the winter months.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment