Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (6/24/13)



**I am back after a few weeks away from the blog.  It was a busy end of the school year and a hectic start to summer.  I'm hoping now that things have calmed down I can get back to my blog and especially my Monday posts...

Thanks to Jen and Kellee for hosting this idea on their site.  Here is a link to their site...
                
                 http://www.teachmentortexts.com/


Books I Read this Past Week...


Rump by Liesl Shurtliff

*This was our last read aloud of the 2012-2013 school year. 

*It was a great way to end our year together. 

*5 Stars out of 5 Stars   

Twerp by Mark Goldblatt

*4 Stars out of 5 Stars









Pi in the Sky by Wendy Mass

*3 Stars out of 5 Stars! 


And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

*This is my first adult book of the summer.

*I so enjoyed his first two novels. 

*I'm hoping this one is just as good! 





Books I Will (continue to) Read This Coming Week...


The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer

*Just started this epic novel, but I believe it is going to be a good one!

*It has been reviewed in so many places, I couldn't pass this one up. 







And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini











The Barftastic Life of Louie Burger by Jenny Meyerhoff











Middle School:  How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill by James Patterson

*Going to try to read this one over the next two weeks.

*I'm thinking of using it for my read aloud during summer school. 






Big Brother by Lionel Shriver

*This is going to be the next #ABCT book club selection.

*See my post about this book for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment