*I was looking for a new audio book. I had a few middle-grade novels going and an young-adult book. So I began searching for the perfect novel published for adults to listen to. When I came across this title, I was reminded of the title being reviewed by a few of my reading online friends. Downloaded it, and began reading/listening.
What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1. *Alix is a wealthy woman with a two-year old, a new baby, and a husband. Along with her family, she has a successful career.
2. *Emira is a young black woman who is Alix's nanny; although she is really just a part-time babysitter.
3. *One evening, Alex called Emira and asks if she can watch the two-year old. Emira takes the child to the local grocery store where a difficult and uncomfortable situation ensues.
4. *One man at the store, records the entire incident on his cell phone. A few weeks after the "event", Emira and this man begin dating.
5. *When Emira and her new man come into contact with Alix, all of their lives will be changed and not with a positive outcome.
What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
1. *I was looking forward to listening to the story, but was somewhat disappointed at the beginning of the story.
2. *Based on the summary of the book, I was thinking the incident would be more of a focus of the novel, but it wasn't.
3. *To be honest, I was a bit bored and was confused why the book had received such great reviews.
4. *I continued on and the plot did get a bit more interesting and exciting as I listened, but overall not that much happened.
5. *When I finished, I was like; "Ok, so that wasn't that exciting." I found myself not really caring about the characters or what had occurred. Maybe I wasn't the target audience for the subject matter and/or material.
Who Should Read It:
*I don't know? After reading more reviews on Amazon I saw more negative reviews, then positive. Some readers enjoyed and many readers had several issues about the characters and plot. This wasn't my favorite. Maybe you will like it better. Happy Reading!
Rating: 3 STARS out of 5 Stars