Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, April 25, 2014

Friend Friday #40...

Hi!  I’m Masa and I'm reading the book called Bird & Squirrel written by James Burks

I think this book is good because hit has adventure, animals, and humans in it.  

My favorite part of the story is when they reach the island because then they go on another exciting adventure and it was a great part.  

The character that I liked best is Bird because he is funny and made me laugh many times.  


I think the author wrote this book because he likes birds and squirrels and wanted to write a great book for children.  

I would recommend this book to my friends because it would be a good fit for them and I know they would like it just as me.  

Reading to me is relaxing and nice because it is very calming and I like getting into the reading zone.  


*When Masa first started in my class, he would flit from one book to another book to another book.
*It has been wonderful watch him grow into a more mature reader and be able to start and finish a book.
*He has told me he feels better about himself as a reader and loves all the books he has read and finished this year.
*This particular book was read in one sitting and he came up to me right after finishing and told me how great it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment