Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Class Read Aloud #5 - Death by Toilet Paper by Donna Gephart...

Class Read Aloud #5 - Death by Toilet Paper by Donna Gephart

*After I read this novel on my own, I knew I wanted to share it with my class.

*This novel has it all:  humor, relationships, hardships, and everything else in between.

*This was our fifth read aloud of the year and was a complete hit!  





*Here are a few thoughts that my listeners had...

I thought this book was…

*Amazing because it was just good and had so much action.  
*Awesome and surprising because we didn't know what was going to happen next.  
*So so so wonderful because it had a happy ending and I love happy endings.


I liked it when…


*Ben and Toothpick won the contest because it was my favorite part of the story.  
*There was bathroom humor and facts used because it made me crack up.
*They got the ten-year supply of toilet paper because Zeyde loved the good stuff and he got happy.  


My favorite character was…


*Zeyde because he was a funny guy.  

*Barkley because I had a Beta Fish once.  
*Toothpick because he was really good at movie making.  


My favorite part in the story was…


*When they won the contest because they got $1,500. 

*When they were about to lose their apartment because it was sad, but then they didn't.  
*When Angus got arrested because he deserved it.  


It was interesting when…


*Angus got arrested because I did not see that coming.

*Angus got away with what he did because it was weird Ben didn't tell on Angus.
*Ben put the stars back on the ceiling because it was a touching moment.  


I was frustrated when…


*Mr. Andrus stopped reading because we were all bummed that he didn't read more.
*Angus was such a mean bully because he was so mean to Ben.
*Barkley died because it was sad and I didn't want him to.  

I give this book _____ stars!  


5 STARS =  23 Students

4 STARS =  3 Students
3 STARS =  0 Students
2 STARS =  0 Student
1 STAR =  0 Students  

No comments:

Post a Comment