Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #138 (Skype Visit for The Map to Everywhere)

Wonder Wednesday - Skype Visit

*Last Thursday, April 28th my class had the opportunity to Skype with Carrie Ryan.

*She is the author, with her husband John Parke Davis, of The Map to Everywhere.

*I had the opportunity to hear them speak last fall during NCTE15 here in the Twin Cities.



*They discussed this book and the series.  By the time the presentation was over, I was heading to the exhibit hall and purchasing book #1 and book #2.

*I shared the story with my fourth grade class as our fourth read aloud.  It took awhile to get through because of the length, but we enjoyed the story and the adventure of the two children.

*Carrie was gracious enough to spend time with my class via a Skype visit.

*My readers had the chance to ask questions and share comments about this novel.

*We had such a great time, enjoyed the visit, and many of the readers are ready to get their hands on the second book in the four-book series.

*Here is a look at our Skype visit...































No comments:

Post a Comment