Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, April 14, 2017

Friend Friday #184 (Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson)


Hi!  I'm Eliana and I read the book called Fever 1793 written by Laurie Halse Anderson.


I thought this book was sad 
because of lot of people died during the story, but that was part of that time in history.  


My favorite part in the story was when Mattie found Fliza because then she wasn't alone and I was glad about that.  I hate being alone.  



The character that I liked best was Eliza because she was so helpful and I think would be such a great friend.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to inform about this time period and also entertain the reader.  Which she did!  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it is awesome and I think they would like it.  It is historical fiction and we have been learning that at school.  


Reading to me is COOL because you can go anywhere!  And yet stay right where you are.


*Eliana is such a fun reader to work with.  She reads everything and anything.
*What I notice about her is how "wide" her range of material is.  Eliana really reads it all.
*She is reading above grade-level and it is great to see her pick material that challenges here.
*Thanks Eliana for sharing your thoughts here!  







No comments:

Post a Comment