Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Beauty There Is by Cory Anderson

How I Heard About It:
*I saw this on the best monthly reads on the Amazon site.  I was looking for a young-adult novel, so I download an audio version via Audible.  I'm sure glad I because this was quite an enjoyable listen.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*After Jake Dahl finds his mother in a horrific state, he must make some hard decisions.


*At the forefront of those decisions is his younger brother Matty.

*Because he wants to keep them both out of the foster care system, Jake embarks on a journey that no young man should have to endure.

*While searching for their way "out" and to some kind of peace, the brothers met Ava who has her own difficult past.  

*Searching for the missing "link", Jack comes to trust Ava, but may regret that decision when he finds out her real truth.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I know I'm listening to a strong and enjoyable story when I don't think about how my "Covid Commute" is getting worse and worse now that more people are out on the road.  I didn't think about traffic once during the entire listening experience.

*The characters, setting, and plot all drove the story forward each relying on the other.  

*Not only was this a suspenseful and mysterious read, but also a character driven story.  

*The writing was beautiful, descriptive, and held my interest from start to finish.

*Jack is one of those characters that will linger in my mind and heart for quite some time.


Who Should Read It:
*The perfect read for any high school, college, and/or adult reader.  I can't imagine anyone not enjoying the story and being captivated by all the events within the story.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment