Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, September 24, 2022

All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers

How I Heard About It:
*While setting up my classroom this fall, I began listening to a Podcast called "Crime Junkie".  After an episode or two, I was hooked.  The podcaster, Ashley Flowers, released her debut novel in August 2022.  I decided to purchase the novel and also chose it for our first BBC (Boy's Book Club) selection for fall 2022.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*In the early 1990's, a young girl named January Jacobs was found dead in a ditch not too far from her home.

*It was a case that not only rocked the small town where January lived, but really the entire nation.

*Margot Davies was the same age as January when she was found dead.  Years later, Margot returns to her hometown to investigate a new case which involves another young girl who was found dead.

*As Margot revisits the mystery of her childhood, she unveils many secrets involving more than one suspect.  

*Margot must find out and decide if the case of this newest young girl is related to her friend from many years earlier.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I didn't read too many novels for adults over the summer of 2022.  

*This was a novel that got me out of my reading "slump" and reminded me why I love reading so much.

*I was drawn into the story from the get go and was surprised and shocked on more than one occasion.

*The plot moved along quickly, as the characters were developed and "unwrapped" as I got to know them.

*The ending was quite interesting and I'm still not sure how I feel about how everything was wrapped up.  Or was it?


Who Should Read It:
*I think all adult readers would find this a most satisfactory read.  A terrific mystery with lots of twists and turns.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars!  



No comments:

Post a Comment