Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Salvage This World by Michael Farris Smith

How I Heard About It:
*While browsing online to find my next audible book, I came across this title.  After a bit of "digging", I decided to give it a try.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:

*The story is set in the deep south during economical hard times for the area.

*There is a "preacher lady" who is traveling from town to town spreading "her" word.

*Jessie and her son have returned home to a father she isn't sure she wants to be back with.

*Jessie's son's father is missing and may be involved with the wrong people.

*Even though Jessie returned home to find safety she just may be in more danger than ever before.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The narration was quite easy to listen to.

*The plot was unique, fascinating, and a bit dark.

*Even though the cast of characters all had their "issues", I enjoyed reading about them and rooting for their happiness.

*There were some parts of the story that were a bit slow and I found myself confused by some of the events taking place in the story.

*The author did a terrific job of pulling the reader into the setting and experiencing what the characters were going through.


Who Should Read It:
*This is definitely a story for the adult reader.  Although it was a bit on the sad and depressing side, I do think most readers will enjoy the overall experience.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   3 STARS out of 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment