Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, April 24, 2022

All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir

How I Heard About It:
*Many of my online reading friends have posted about this young-adult novel.  When I was in the market for a new audio book, I looked up this title, downloaded it to Audible, and got busy listening.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Misbah is a young women living in Pakistan who enters an arranged marriage.  After a tragedy, they relocate to the United States where they open up a small hotel.

*Salahudin is a young man who loses this mother to a horrific illness.  

*Noor is, or was, Salahudin's best friend until they have a falling out.  

*As Sal tries to keep the motel afloat, he finds himself making some difficult and terrible choices.

*Noor just wants the best for her life, to escape an uncle, and start anew at a college of her choice.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I was excited to start the story, but found the beginning a bit slow.  To be honest, I almost stopped listening.  Boy am I'm glad I didn't.

*Once the story got rolling, I was hooked, engaged, and interesting.

*The characters of Noor and Sal were what drove the story and my heart broke for them on several occasions.  

*The writing was impeccable which created a thoughtful, beautiful, and raw story.  

*Not only was the story entertaining, but also taught me a thing or two about different cultures other than my own.


Who Should Read It:
*Not only will young-adult readers find this a compelling read, I also think most adult readers would also be a strong and perfect audience for the story.  This was one of the best young-adult novels I've read in quite some time.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars








No comments:

Post a Comment