Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The Midnight Children by Dan Gemeinhart

How I Heard About It:
*I was so excited when I came across this title on NetGalley.  I put in a request and the wait began.  I almost forgot I put in request when I got a notification that I was granted an E-Galley of the upcoming middle-grade novel.  I quickly downloaded and began to read, read, and read!


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Ravani is a lonely young boy who lives in Slaughterville.  

*Late one night, Ravani finds himself looking out his window and notices a truck pull up to the house across the street.


*What he sees changes his existing life; seven children exit the truck and enter the house.  

*Without realizing his inner courage and strength, Ravani sets out to uncover the mysteries and secrets behind the closed door of the "mystery" house.

*With the help of a new friend, Ravani faces past challenges, and learns to be strong and stand up for what he believes.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*A beautiful and tender story about a young boy and the journey he embarks on.  

*I've loved everything Dan has written and his newest work of fiction does NOT disappoint.  

*Ravani was a thoughtful, authentic, and kind young boy who I grew to love the more I read.

*The story is full of mystery, suspense, and incredible moments.  

*The cast of characters DROVE the story and I so enjoyed them all.


Who Should Read It:
*Dan's novels are perfect for readers in grades four and above.  All of his stories would appeal to a wide range of children.  I think I'm going to use The Midnight Children as our final class read aloud this spring.  I don't think I can wait until the fall of 2022.  This book is for both young and "old" readers.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   5 STARS out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment