Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Not Nothing by Gayle Forman

How I Came Across It... *A friend recommended this story to me. I got myself a copy, sat down, began reading, and was blown away when I finished the last page. What It's About - Five Things You Need to Know... *Twelve-year-old Alex has made a huge mistake and not must try to make it right.

*One-Hundred-Seven year old Josey is living his last days in a senior center with a story that lives with him everyday.  


*When Alex begins volunteering at the senior home to make up for what he has done, he meets Josey.

*Josey begins to share his story with Alex about his life in Europe and meeting the love of his life.

*As hard as Alex would like to put his mistake behind him, he realizes it may not be as easy as he wishes.


What I Thought of It - Five Observations/Reflections... *This story has all the feels.

*I absolutely loved the characters of Alex and Josey.

*Author Gayle Forman did a brilliant job of bringing these two characters stories together.

*As I read, I enjoyed learning about Josey's past and how that past could help Alex with his present situation.

*There are so many incredible moments throughout the pages that will definitely bring a tear to your eye. Who Should Read It... *I actually think all adult readers would find this an incredible and heartwarming story. Young readers in grades five and above would definitely find the novel to be one they soon won't forget. Happy Reading!

Rating...
5 out of 5 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment