Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, September 8, 2024

The God of the Woods by Liz Moore

How I Came Across It... *If there was a book of summer 2024, I think it was this one. Everywhere I looked and everyone I talked to seemed to be reading the novel. I jumped on the band wagon to see what all the "fuse" was about. What It's About - Five Things You Need to Know... *The first Van Laar child to disappear was Bear.

*Years later, the second Van Laar child goes missing also. Her name is Barbara.

*The Van Laar family is wealthy, live on the grounds of a summer camp, and hold many secrets.

*With everyone searching for Barbara and hoping for her safety, the disappearance of her younger brother years earlier, is brought back to the forefront.

*A new, young, and female investigator is sure she can figure out both cases involving the Van Laar children. What I Thought of It - Five Observations/Reflections... *One of the highlights of my summer 2024 was reading this novel.

*I enjoyed every page of the book.

*The reading was enjoyable, suspenseful, and full of unique and interesting characters.

*As I read, I kept thinking I had the disappearances figured out, but boy was I wrong.  

*After finishing the story, I could see what it was on the top of so many readers "must reads".


Who Should Read It... *I would recommend the novel to any adult reader as I think everyone will find the story engrossing, a page-turner, and a great mystery. It might have been book of the summer, but don't let that stop you from reading it this fall. Happy Reading!

Rating...
5 out of 5 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment