Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Sunrise Nights by Jeff Zentner and Brittany Cavallaro

How I Came Across It... *When Jeff Zentner releases a new novel, I'm always aware and on it. Not only did he write Colton Gentry which recently came out, but he co-authored this young adult novel with Brittany Cavallaro which was released during the summer of 2024. What It's About - Five Things You Need to Know... *Jude is at summer camp and loves photography.

*Florence is also at summer camp and loves dance.

*The two teenagers meet at the end of the summer camp celebration which runs from dusk until dawn.

*At the end of their first night together, they decide not to talk for the next year and only communicate at the next sunrise night.

*After spending three sunrise nights together, Jude and Florence find their similarities and differences and learn how to deal with them.
What I Thought of It - Five Observations/Reflections...
*This was such an enjoyable read.

*It had been quite some time since I read a young-adult novel and I'm glad that these two authors brought me back to the this genre.

*I loved the relationship between Jude and Florence. I found myself laughing out loud on many occasions.

*The authors did a tremendous job of bringing these two young people to life and sharing both their past and their present stories.

*The three sunrise nights "format" worked so well and I enjoyed how during each visit, the two characters came to know each other better and better; flaws and all.

Who Should Read It... *Definitely a young-adult story (high-school and college readers), but I do think the book could be enjoyed by the typical adult reader. A well written and interesting story of two young people trying to find themselves and each other. Happy Reading! Rating...
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment