Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, April 1, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (4/1/13)



Thanks to Jen and Kellee for hosting this idea on their site.  Here is a link to their site...
                
                 http://www.teachmentortexts.com/


Books I Read this Past Week...

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo

*This was our last selection for our BBC (Boys' Book Club)

*It was a great mystery, but nothing spectacular.

*I would give it 3 out of 5 stars! 




The Runway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen

*This is our current read aloud in my classroom.

*We are LOVING it! 






Out of my Mind by Sharon M. Draper

*We had our "Breakfast with Books" book club on Friday, March 29th.

*We had an awesome discussion about this book and I was so impressed by what my fourth grade readers got from this book. 

*5 Stars out of 5 Stars! 




The Magnificent Twelve:  The Call by Michael Grant

*This book was recommended to me via Twitter.

*I read it in about two sittings and picked it for our next "Breakfast with Books."

*4 out of 5 Stars, but I know kids will eat it up! 






Books I Will (continue to) Read This Coming Week...

The Runway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen

*Actually I won't be reading this during the week because we are on spring break. 

*I can't wait to get back to it though.  We are so enjoying it! 






The Center of Everything by Linda Urban

*I'm about 1/2 way through this and really enjoying it. 









Who Could That Be at This Hour by Lemony Snicket

*I'm about 3/4 of the way through this and I think it is an OK story. 
 







Giants Beware by Jorge Aguirre

*This book has been making the rounds in my room and the kids asked if I would read it.

*It will be a quick read for me! 






The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

*This is our newest book club selection for our BBC (Boy's Book Club)

*I had heard about this book for many years and I'm so excited to finally read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment