Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, March 18, 2013

Music Monday #5 (One Day)...

This afternoon I shared with my class another incredible song.  Today we listened to the song One Day by Matisyahu.  A parent had sent me this song/video last year and I fell in love with it. 

Earlier this year I had shared the video with the crew for one of our video's of the week.  It was such a hit that I decided to bring it back as a Music Monday selection.  The writers were quite excited when they heard the first few notes of the song.

We spent time talking about the important message in this song and how we can live better lives by following the message of the lyrics.  Happiness is in my heart as I look around and watch my students write and "sing" while they listen to the music.

I've included the video to this song that I shared with my class below the list of Music Monday selections...  

Our Music Monday List for 2012-2013...

Music Monday #1 (What I Am by Will I Am)
Music Monday #2 (Proud by Heather Small)
Music Monday #3 (Good Time by Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen)
Music Monday #4 (Dreamer by Chris Brown)
Music Monday #5 (Home by Phillip Phillips)
Music Monday #6 (Count on Me by Bruno Mars)
Music Monday #7 (Louder by Charice)
Music Monday #8 (Thriller by Michael Jackson)
Music Monday #9 (Firework by Katy Perry)
Music Monday #10 (Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo ole)
Music Monday #11 (Hall of Fame by The Script with Will I Am)
Music Monday #12 (Shooting Star by Owl City)
Music Monday #13 (Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson)
Music Monday #14 (Do They Know Its Christmas by Band Aid)
Music Monday #14 (Do They Know Its Christmas from Glee)
Music Monday #15 (Take a Look at Me Now by Greyson Chance)
Music Monday #16 (My Wish by Rascal Flatts)
Music Monday #17 (Dream Big by Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand)
Music Monday #18 (The World's Greatest by R. Kelly)
Music Monday #19 (Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka and Glee)
Music Monday #20 (Rainbow Connection from The Muppets)
Music Monday #21 (One Moment in Time by Whitney Houston)
Music Monday #22 (One Day by Matisyahu)

No comments:

Post a Comment