Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Treat Tuesday #33...

Treat Tuesday - Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches

*I'm on a crock pot roll.  Last week it was crock pot lasagna and this week I'm hitting the french dip sandwiches.

*One of my favorite sandwiches is the French Dip.

*As we all know, it is hard to create dinners with working parents, but the crock pot does wonders for families.

*You have got to try this one.  Simply delicious…


Ingredients...

*1 can french onion soup (10.5 oz)
*1 can beef broth (10.5 oz)
*1 can or bottle of beer (12 oz)
*1-3 lbs of pork tenderloin or some kind of roast

*french rolls or something similar
*swiss or provologne cheese slices


Directions...

-Pour beef broth, french onion soup, and beer into crockpot
-Put tenderloin or roast in crockpot as a whole
-Cook on low for 7 hours
-About 30 minutes before time is up, shred the meat with a fork
-Re cover and continue cooking for the remaining 30 minutes
-Slice open bread and put swiss cheese slices inside
-Put in oven at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until toasty
-Remove from oven and fill em up with meat.



Treat Tuesday - Middle Grade Novel


The Liberation of Gabriel King by K.L. Going

*I normally try to choose new titles for my "Breakfast with Books" book club.

*This novel is so awesome that I wanted to pick it for this year and our March selection. 

*I'm in the process of trying to arrange a Skype visit for our book club.

*Here is the link to my post on "The Nerdy Book Club" about this book…
The Liberation of Gabriel King


Treat Tuesday - Adult Novel



The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

*Several summers ago this novel brought me hours of enjoyment while relaxing on my porch.  An unforgettable read...


No comments:

Post a Comment