Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #55...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Eleven)

*This is the eleventh of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Toward the end of the school year, I had my students respond to some questions I had about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to answer.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #21 - Leah

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was good
because I have liked to read since second grade.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is awesome
because it is kind of fun to me.


This year I learned that as a reader I need it to be quiet to read
because I can concentrate much better and focus on my book.  


To me reading is fun
because it gives me something to do.  


As a reader I'm most proud of reading new books
because I like to read new books with amazing stories.  


The best thing about reading is the books
because they tell really good stories.  


STUDENT #22 - Marlon

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring
because it was for me.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is ok
because I wish I could sit by my friends when I read but Mr. Andrus won't let me.  


This year I learned that as a reader I could read longer books
because Mr. Andrus gave me some to try and I liked them.  


To me reading is both good and bad
because sometimes I like the books and sometimes I don't.  


As a reader I'm most proud of the new books I read because this year I read more books than I ever have.  

The best thing about reading is the picture books
because these are my favorite type of books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment