Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, September 5, 2014

Friend Friday #58...

Hi!  I’m Karin and I’m reading the book called The Giver written by Lois Lowry.

I think this book is a favorite because I discover something new every time I read it.  

My favorite part in the story is the ambiguous ending because I like not knowing sometimes.  Was it hypothermia or a real place?  Being able to support either idea with information from the book is what makes this great to me.  




The character that I liked best was "The Giver" because he had no one to share anything with for most of his life.  

I think the author wrote this book because she celebrates diversity and not "sameness."  

I would recommend this book to my friends because it is great for discussion.  

Reading to me is one of my favorite activities because it takes me places I've never been and teaches me things I never knew and makes me think about ideas I've never questioned.  


*Karin is a staff member in my building.
*She puts me to shame in the amount of reading she does.  
*I love that Karin reads both adult books and books for children.
*She is also one of my favorite people to recommend books to because I know she will read it right away.  





No comments:

Post a Comment