Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Friend Friday #89 (License to Thrill by Dan Gutman)

Hi!  I am Julie and I read the book called The Genius Files:  License to Thrill written by Dan Gutman.


I think this book was really great because I have now read the whole series and it was one of the best series I have read.  


My favorite part in the story was when Mrs. Higgins rescues the family in Death Valley because I was wondering how they were going to get out of that mess.  




The character that I liked best was Pep because she was a girl like me, really smart, and was able to figure out the ciphers that she and Coke were given.  


I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to write a series about an awesome adventure that goes across America and entertain the reader and keep them guessing what was going to happen in each chapter.  



I would recommend this book to my friends because Mr. Andrus told me about the book and now I want to share it with my friends because I know they are going to like it as much as me.  


Reading to me is incredible because I love to read great stories and have my mind go into another world and be able to experience things that I won't really be able to experience in my own life.  


*Julie is a 4th grade reader in one of my three reading classes.  She has so enjoyed this series and read all five book quite quickly.  She and I read the last book in the series at about the same time and would talk about it daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment