Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, July 10, 2015

Friend Friday #99 (The Rosie Project)...

Hi!  I am Stacy and I read the book called The Rosie Project  written by Graeme Simsion.


I thought this book was entertaining because it is funny, heartwarming, and educational.  


My favorite part in the story was the great cocktail night because it shows off the strengths of the main characters.  




The character that I liked best was Don because he views life with beautiful naivety, understands humans through a scientific lens, and just can't quite grasp social conventions.  


I think the author wrote this book because he wants people to be accepted for who they are.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because 
there are so many funny yet thought provoking quotes, such as "Asperger's isn't a fault, it's a variant.  It's potentially a major advantage."  


Reading to me is relaxing because it helps me to escape.  


*Stacy is one of my favorite "reading" friends in my building.

*She and I talk books all the times.  We discuss middle-grade books, young adult books, and of course adult books.

*Stacy and I are always telling each other about books we have read and telling the other person they "have to read it."

*When people say reading isn't a social activity, they must not have the right reading friends in their life.






No comments:

Post a Comment