Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wonder Wednesday #182 (Breakfast with Books #SIX)

Wonder Wednesday - Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart

*On the afternoon of Monday, March 20th at 2:00 PM, my fourth grade students gathered together for an amazing Skype visit with Dan Gemeinhart.

*This was our sixth "Breakfast with Books" book club selection for the 2016/2017 school year.

*After reading an ARC of Dan's newest novel last summer, I knew it had to be a part of our fourth grade book club.  It is an incredible novel.



*Normally my readers meet before school for our book club discussion and breakfast treats, but since Dan is two hours behind us here in Minnesota, we decided to do an afternoon book club.  This way all of my students would be able to enjoy chatting with the author and learning more about the book.

*I would say about three-fourths of my my students read the book, wrote comments/questions, and participated in the "chat" with Dan.  The rest of my students were able to "witness" the book club in action and hopefully be motivated to join our next selection.

*Dan has been generous with his time and Skyped with my readers the last couple of years.  It is always a joy to have him join us for a period of time.  He is great with the kids, offers incredible information, and brings his story to life even more than he does on the written page.

*Here is a look inside of our book club this past Monday afternoon...


























Other TRAILERS and VIDEOS about Scar Island


No comments:

Post a Comment