Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Harry's Trees by Jon Cohen

How I Heard About It:
*A friend of mine is a lover of reading as much as I am.  She and I often discuss the books we are reading and/or listening to.  Recently, she told me about this novel.  I downloaded the story via Audible and was so happy I did because I really enjoyed the story.  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Harry is mourning the loss of his wife after a most bizarre accident.  

*After trying his best to move forward from the biggest loss of his life, he finds himself out in the woods among his friends, the "trees".

*Just as he is about to move forward to be with his wife, he finds himself meeting a young girl named Oriana.

*Oriana is also out in the woods due to a great loss in her own life.  

*Harry and Oriana, along with some other incredible characters, begin to build a new life while trying to keep their loved ones alive and with them.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*This was a beautiful story of love, loss, and rebuilding a life to its fullest.

*I was engaged and interested because of the strong narration.  There were some absolutely beautiful lines, paragraphs, and pages of writing.  

*I so loved how the author interwove the life of Harry and Oriana and how they came to each other at just the right time.

*The characters and plot were what kept me involved in the story.  There were times when the descriptions of the setting got a bit long and too detailed for me.  

*The message of goodness, kindness, and sharing left me with a warm and positive feeling to make my own life even better than it already is.


Who Should Read It:
*I will be recommending this novel to any and all of my reading friends.  I can't imagine any adult reader not be satisfied with the story of Harry and his trees.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment