Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, May 8, 2022

The Book of Cold Cases by Simone St. James

How I Heard About It:
*This novel published for adults caught my attention after seeing it on several "best of" lists.  I was in the market for a new audio book and decided to download the title and see if it lived up to all the hype.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*One part of the story takes place in the year 1977 in a small town in Oregon surrounding the murder of two men.  

*The second part of the story takes place in 2017 focusing on a Shea who runs a true crime website called "The Book of Cold Cases".


*When Shea randomly meets Beth Greer she can't quite believe her luck.  

*Beth was arrested for the murder of the two men back in 1977.  She was acquitted of the crime and retreated to the closed doors of her family's mansion.

*Shea and Beth begin a "friendship" where Beth has given Shea the opportunity to interview her about what truly happened back in 1977 and in the years since.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I loved it!

*The narration was excellent and I found myself sitting in the car when I arrived at school to get a bit more of the story.  

*The relationship between Shea and Beth was quite fascinating, intriguing, and intense.  

*I don't normally read mysteries per say, but I truly enjoyed the novel and found the plot to be unique and fresh.

*There were some parts I was a bit confused by because of the "ghosts", but I didn't let that derail me from the enjoyment of the overall story.


Who Should Read It:
*I know that all adult readers will enjoy the novel just as much as I did.  I highly recommend it.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment