Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, February 25, 2023

It's the End of the World and I'm In My Bathing Suit by Justin a. Reynolds

How I Heard About It:
*I received a box of books from Scholastic Press.  As I was browsing through the books, this cover caught my attention.  I grabbed the book, sat down, and began reading.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Eddie is excited about summer and has come up with a plan to avoid all chores.

*He really wants to not have to do his own laundry.  

*As he is gearing up for the annual "Summer Beach Bash", he ends up grounded until he completes all chores and LAUNDRY.

*While "knee-deep" in dirty clothes spinning through the rise-cycle, the power goes out in Eddie's house.

*In just his swimsuit, Eddie ventures out into the neighborhood to find everything has changed and not too many people are around.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*I was immediately drawn into the story with the "voice" of Eddie.

*He invited the reader into the story on page one and kept me by his side for the entire wide ride.

*There were lots of laugh out loud moments while I followed Eddie out in the "ever-changing" world.

*The story was strongly built on conversations between Eddie and his friends.  At times, this got to be a bit much.

*Eddie was an over-the-top character who jumped off the page and brought lots of life and energy.  


Who Should Read It:
*Young readers will so enjoy this novel.  The story has lots of action, laughs, and crazy moments.  I think kids in grades three through six would be awesome for the book.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:
   3 STARS out of 5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment