Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, August 13, 2012

Season 22!!!

This is what I first saw when I opened my door after being gone for about 10 weeks.  There was summer school in my room.  After 21 years in the same room, it was time for a change.  I knew I wanted to move the library (upper right corner) to a new location. 




Looking pretty good after just three hours of work.  I moved my desk and a working table to where the library use to be.  I formed four groups of six desks.  I can't believe I only have 24 students as of now.  That could change of course.  I got the bulletin boards covered with new paper and borders.  I always like the bright colors in my room.



The new location of my classroom library.  I love it.  I put it in the corner by the window.  You can see the light coming in on the right.  I put my circular revolving bookshelf in the middle.  This is where I will highlight special books.  I got our reading bulletin board started.  The theme for 2012-2013 will be "Smore Readers."  A student from last year came up with the idea.  Each year I have a different reading theme.


The different awards for our reading theme "Smore Readers" will be...

*Cracker Award
*Chocolate Award
*Marshmallow Award
**Smore Award

No comments:

Post a Comment