Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Library is Ready...

 I spent a third day in my classroom before our "official" workshop days begin.  My main focus was finalizing the classroom library.  Here is a picture of the non-fiction books.  This is one area that I know I need to build.  That will be a main focus for me this year. 








I am so excited about the main part of my library.  I love the circular book shelf in the middle that will highlight books that I want to make sure my 4th graders will read.  I also brought out some old bins (and bought new ones) to house popular books and series of books. 



I am going to encourage the reading of graphic novels this year.  This was a new genre to me this summer and I want to share these books with my students.  I have Babymouse, Squish, and Lunch Lady books in the red and blue bins. 





My desk sits behind this bookshelf.  I am going to display all of my favorite hard cover books here.  I use to keep them in a cupboard, but I want them out where the kids can see them and read them. 





After a great day in the classroom I cam home to a package in the mail.  More books to read and share with my future fourth grade students...

1 comment: