Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Breakfast with Books #6...

Breakfast with Books - The Liberation of Gabriel King

*We had our sixth "Breakfast with Books" book club on Thursday, March 27th.  Our selection was The Liberation of Gabriel King by K.L. Going.

*I normally pick new titles, but this is one of my all-time favorite novels for children and I didn't want this year's readers to miss it.

*The readers read the book during the book of March.  This is an optional book club, but I had enough copies of the novel for any student that wanted to read it.


*After reading the novel, each student wrote three questions for the author.

*We Skyped with K.L. Going before school.  We spent about forty minutes with her and had a great time.

*Everyone had the opportunity to ask a question about the novel and get it answered directly by the author.

*She also spent some time with us talking about her writing process, sharing artifacts dealing with the book, and several other items.  It was completely engaging.

*Here is a little look at our book club in action...

























1 comment:

  1. THank you Patrick - your work inspired my Breakfast with Books Bookclub and it's going well. We're currently reading A Snicker of Magic. I've really enjoyed the time I"ve spent with the bookclub and the kids love it. I had thought about this for many years, but you are the reason I finally took the leap! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete