Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, April 11, 2014

Friend Friday #38...

Hi!  I’m Asher and I'm reading the book called Kit Feeny written by Micheal Townsend.

I think this book is interesting because it had me in the zone and it kept me focused.  

My favorite part of the story is when he makes the necklace because the makes it huge and weird looking.  

The character that I liked best is Kit because he was funny and the main character.  


I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to entertain the reader.  

I would recommend this book to my friends because it is funny and interesting.  

Reading to me is fun because I feel like I'm in the book myself and that is pretty cool.  


*Asher is an interesting boy to watch read.
*He has quite a wide variety of interests in genres and the types of books he will or will not read.
*He recently had been on a path of reading longer fantasy books with some of the other readers in the class.
*Then one day he announced he was going to try some different and "shorter" texts.
*He grabbed this book, finished it, and then read the other one in the series.
*I think it is great when kids give themselves permission to read some shorter, easier, and just for pure enjoyment!  

No comments:

Post a Comment