Treat Tuesday - French Toast Bake
*We had this tasty morning breakfast dish this past Sunday.
*It was so delicious that I wanted to share it here for Treat Tuesday.
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf of thickly sliced bread
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Cinnamon for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around.
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single slices of bread in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Sprinkle some cinnamon over bread/eggs
7. Add 2nd layer of sliced bread
8. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
9. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
10. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
11. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cinnamon
12. Serve with warm maple syrup
Treat Tuesday: Middle-Grade Novel
Alex Rider #1: Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
*This was the series that finally hooked my son into reading.
*Many of my readers over the years have enjoyed the series just as much as my son did.
*For upper middle-grade readers and/or middle school readers.
Treat Tuesday: Adult Novel
The Buffalo Soldier by Chris Bohjalian
*Chris Bohjalian is one of my favorite adult authors.
*This is also one of my favorite books he has written.