Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Treat Tuesday #131 (Book Release Day)...

Treat Tuesday - Company/Party Chicken

*Last week we had my parents over for dinner.

*My mother has Alzheimer's Disease.

*This was a recipe she use to make when she could cook.



*My wonderful wife pulled out my mom's recipe and made this for myself and my parents.

*It was fun to entertain my folks and reminisce about my childhood and family life.  Of course my mom couldn't add much to the conversation, but I know she was listening.

*This is the perfect meal to serve for your family and/or company.


Ingredients...
*One 3oz package dried beef
*Three large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*Six slices bacon
*One can of cream of mushroom soup
*One cup sour cream

Directions...
*Arrange beef in bottom of 12 x 9 baking dish
*Place chicken breast over beef
*Wrap chicken breast with bacon slices first
*Sprinkle with a little rosemary
*Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
*Combine soup and sour cream
*Pour over chicken and bake an additional 40-50 minutes
*It will be very brown on top!


Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel











Treat Tuesday:  Young-Adult Novel










Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel


No comments:

Post a Comment