Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #134 (Breakfast with Books Book Club)…

Wonder Wednesday - Some Kind of Courage
by Dan Gemeinhart

*I know I have said it before, but book club mornings are my most favorite part of my teaching career.

*We had our sixth "Breakfast with Books" this past Friday, March 25th.

*There were twelve fourth graders that attended our optional book club to discuss the novel Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart.


*About a year ago I read Dan's first novel The Honest Truth and fell in love with it.  I told everyone I knew about it and that they had to read it.

*I was thrilled to grab an ARC of his second book at NCTE15 this past fall.

*When I finished the last page, I knew it had to be a "Breakfast with Books" book club selection.

*After contacting Dan to express my love for this book, I was thrilled that he agreed to Skype with my readers.  What a true honor!

*On Friday morning the readers arrived, brought their copies of the book and tasty treats, and were ready to share comments and ask questions of Dan.

*We spent about 45 minutes talking all things Some Kind of Courage.  It was 8:30 AM our time so it was 6:30 AM the author's time.  Now that was gracious of him to be ready at that time of morning.

*Here is a look inside our WONDERful time with this WONDERful author…



































No comments:

Post a Comment