What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
1. *We first met Beverly in Raymie Nightingale. She was one of Raymie's friends.
2. *Beverly has a history of running away and the story begins with her running away/leaving again.
3. *She is running from the loss of her beloved Buddy and hoping to leave his memory behind.
4. *Beverly finds herself in a new town, living with an elderly lady, and finding a job in the local restaurant.
5. *While "settling" into her new environment, Beverly begins new and unique friendships with both children her age and even some adults.
What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
1. *I was excited to revisit the characters that I met in Raymie Nightingale. I have enjoyed getting to know each girl separately in each novel.
2. *The journey that Beverly took within the pages of the book was an emotional, touching, and heart-warming one.
3. *One of the strongest aspects of the novel was the cast of supporting characters that surrounded Beverly as she took root in the town she landed in.
4. *As always, Kate DiCamillo's writing was spot-on, descriptive, and full of imagery.
5. *It was somewhat sad when I finished the last page because I knew that was the end of reading about Raymie, Louisiana, and of course Beverly.
Who Should Read It: Any reader that has read the first two books about these characters, MUST read this third and final story. They will not be disappointed. The novel is perfect for readers in grades three through six. Happy Reading!
Rating: 4 STARS out of 5 Stars!