Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Saucy by Cynthia Kadohata

How I Heard About It:
*A book that had been sitting in my TBR pile for quite some time.  In between other novels I was reading, I spent a couple of reading sessions with Saucy and the little pig's adventures.  

What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Becca has an unusual family being the only girl in a set of quadruplets.

*Each brother has his own interest and Becca would like to find her pasion.



*When the family finds a young sick piglet, Becca believes she has found her calling.

*After some pleading, she convinces her parents to let her keep the new "pet".

*As the piglet grows, so do the issues of raising such an animal and the effects it has on the family.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*A sweet story about a young girl trying to place her place within her large family and the larger world.

*It was enjoyable to read about how the family tried to keep the piglet in their family for as long as possible.  

*I enjoyed reading about how the siblings and their interactions with each other.  

*Overall, not a whole lot happens within the plot, but young readers will enjoy the animal story.

*Saucy will be a little animal that will have a positive impact on readers.  


Who Should Read It:
*I think the story could be used with readers in grades two and above.  The story would make for a fun class read aloud.  I know of animal lovers in my classroom that will completely enjoy the story of Becca, Saucy, and their friendship.  Happy Reading! 


Rating:   3 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment