Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, November 8, 2020

The Mysterious Disappearance of Aidan S. by David Levithan

How I Heard About It:
*I was thrilled when I went to the mailbox the other day and found an ARC of David Levithan's newest work of fiction.  This time he is trying his hand at writing middle-grade instead of young-adult.  Thank you to Penguin Random House for the complimentary copy of the upcoming novel.  I started reading the day I received it.  

What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*"They looked everywhere."  The first sentence grabbed me and didn't let go until I closed the book.  



*For six days, family and friends searched for Aidan who had gone missing without a trace.

*When Liam hears a noise in the attic, he makes his way up to the space and is quite shocked to see his brother laying on the floor in his pajamas in front of a "dresser".

*At first Aidan doesn't say much about where he has been over the last six days.  Each family members deals with the mystery in their own way.

*Once Aidan begins to share what happened with Liam, Liam isn't sure what to do with the information and "story", but knows he wants to believe his brother as much as he can.  


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*As I said, after reading the first sentence I was hooked and couldn't stop reading.  

*I put aside all other books and concentrated solely on the ARC.  

*The mystery and wondering of where Aidan was drove my reading, but I was also captivated by Levithan's writing and plot development.  

*The plot was unique, fresh, and one of the most original I've experienced in quite some time.

*To be honest, I loved everything about the story and can't wait to share with not only the readers in my class, but EVERYONE I know.  


Who Should Read It:
*The book should be in all fourth, fifth, and sixth grade classrooms; along with the middle-school library.  Readers are going to go WILD about the mystery of Aidan, and how his younger brother handles it all.  The novel will be out in the world in February of 2021.  Put it on your TBR list NOW.  You won't regret it.  Happy Reading!  


Rating:  5 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment