Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, May 22, 2021

High Achiever: The Incredible True Story of One Addict's Double Life by Tiffany Jenkins

 How I Heard About It:
*This title came to me via my neighborhood's book club.  I saw the announcement on Facebook, was intrigued by the premise, bought the book, and began reading.  Once I started, I could NOT stop!


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*This memoir follows Tiffany from one woman to another woman.

*When the story opens, she is entering jail and could never imagine herself in this place.  

*Tiffany had been dating a law enforcement officer and couldn't believe what she had not only done to herself, but him as well.

*As much as she tries to get clean, she can't quite seem to find that place.

*Once she enters therapy, she begins the process of unpealing the many layers that led her to jail.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*As I mentioned, once I started, I could not stop reading.

*Tiffany's writing pulled me in, tugged at my heartstrings, and showed me a world I could never imagine.

*The story was real, authentic, and raw.  I appreciated that as the reader.

*Her story showed me that addiction can happen to anyone and holds no rules for anyone.

*I so enjoy memoirs to see how resilient the human spirit can be and always leaves me wanting more for my own life.


Who Should Read It:
*This will definitely be a book I recommend to adult readers for summer 2021.  I think the story has something to offer any person.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment