Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, May 22, 2021

The Space Between Lost and Found by Sandy Stark-McGinnis

How I Heard About It:
*This book has been in my TBR pile for quite some time.  I had been meaning to read it since it release, but just never seemed to get to it.  I finally decided it was time and got to reading.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Cassie is enjoying life with both her mother and father when the life they knew suddenly changes.


*Her mother's memory begins to fade, and so does Cassie's hope for a wonderful life spending time with her mom.

*With her worry for her mother, Cassie begins to change her focus both at home and school.

*She decides to take on the challenge of making sure all of her mother's memories don't fade, and implements an adventure of a lifetime.

*The adventure forces Cassie to face both the past, the present, and the future.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*Such a powerful, important, and emotional read.

*My own mother died from Alzheimer's Disease so I could relate to many aspects of the story.

*I found myself recalling some of the same feelings Cassie experienced.

*This would be a perfect story to put in the hands of readers who are experiencing the "loss" of a parent or grandparent to this horrific disease.

*The story flowed from page to page and I was invested in not only Cassie, but the characters in which surrounded her.


Who Should Read It:
*I think the book would be perfect for readers in grades four, five, and six.  Middle-school readers would also be ideal to share the story with.  Adult readers who enjoy middle-grade stories should definitely check out the novel.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
  4 STARS out of 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment