Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Wonder Wednesday #375 (Flight of the Puffin)

 Wonder Wednesday - Passing Kindness to Others

*We joined in the national "Read Aloud" on April 19th.  

*I normally would never give up reading to my students, but I couldn't pass up with incredible opportunity.


*Each day we gather, start the video, and enjoy the story of Flight of the Puffin being read by Ann Braden herself.

*As we listened, I began to get the idea of spreading kindness in our own building.  I knew I wanted to have each student create an index card with an image and message of kindness.

*We would then take time to place the index cards around our school building, sit back, and see what happens.  

*Before I could introduce this idea to my class, a listener beat me to it.

*This morning, some of my students began to notice little cards placed around our learning space.

*I couldn't believe it.  Someone had created messages for us to find.  These are the moments we live for as educators.  

*We took time to talk about the messages we found, tried to figure out who was the "gift giver" and talked about how wonderful it made us feel.  I then took time to share my idea with the class.  They were all smiles and wanted to start their cards right there and then.

*Thank you Ann for your remarkable story and for spreading kindness to all of us...




No comments:

Post a Comment