Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, October 30, 2022

The Saints of Swallow Hill by Donna Everhart

How I Heard About It:
*While searching for a current novel published for adults to listen to, I came across this title.  After a bit of research and review reading, I decided to download the book and give it a listen.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Rae Lynn and her husband run a small farm together, until they don't.

*Del is a single man who doesn't always make the best choices when it comes to work or woman.  

*After a tragedy, Rae Lynn leaves her home in search of a better life and safety from the law.

*Del made one too many bad decisions and must always seek refuge.  

*The two of them meet while working on a farm and both lives are changed forever.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*The beginning of Del's story was captivating and riveting.  

*The beginning of Rae Lynn's story was also engaging and drew me into the story.

*Then the plot slowed down and I worried I wasn't going to enjoy the rest of the book, but I kept listening.

*I'm glad I did because the story was wonderful and I grew to love the main characters.  

*This isn't the typical novel that I read, but I'm glad I listened and found it quite enjoyable.  


Who Should Read It:
*I would recommend the book to adult readers who enjoy a strong historical fiction book that is character driven.  There isn't always a lot going on within the pages, but the writing is beautiful and the characters are memorable.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:   4 STARS out of 5 Stars!





No comments:

Post a Comment