Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, October 15, 2022

We Are All the Same in the Dark by Julia Heaberlin

How I Heard About It:
*After I finished All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers, I did a bit of searching for my next novel published for adults and came across this title.  I downloaded it via Audible and spent a couple of weeks listening to the engaging page-turner of a story.


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*Wyatt's sister and father both disappeared ten years earlier.  The townspeople never quite got over the mystery and hope that the sister is out there somewhere.

*Wyatt was cleared of any wrong doing, but most of the locals think he had something to do with the missing family members.

*When he brings home a girl he finds alongside the road, the past might catch up to him.

*Police officer Odette learns that the girl is at Wyatt's house and knows she must intervene.

*While "investigating" the stranger in Wyatt's house, Odette also revisits the past determined to find out once and for all what truly happened to Wyatt's sister and father.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*This audio version of the story was top-notch and I so enjoyed the narration.

*I thought all the characters were authentic and drew me into the story.

*There were two mysteries presented throughout the pages and both were equally engaging and kept me guessing for most of the story.  

*I can't put my finger on it, but the writing style was quite different and I found it very enjoyable.

*Not only was this a strong mystery, but also a really great character driven novel.


Who Should Read It:
*I think all adult readers would find this a most satisfactory read.  A terrific mystery with lots of twists and turns.  Happy Reading!


Rating:
   4 STARS out of 5 Stars! 








No comments:

Post a Comment