Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Sunday, November 6, 2022

A Rover's Story for Jasmine Warga

How I Heard About It:
*When I learned that Jasmine Warga was releasing a new novel, I was thrilled.  I had so enjoyed her previous works of fiction.  Once I got started reading, I could not stop. Such an interesting and engaging story.  


What It Is About - FIVE Things You Need to Know:
*The story centers around "Resilence", a brand new Mars rover.

*He was built for a specific job void of any human qualities, but that not be who he is at "heart".  

*Resilience's creators are focused on their mission and job, but their day to day personal lives sometimes cross over to the lab.

*As Resilience takes his maiden voyage, a young girl reaches out to him via a series of letters which continue over the years to come.

*With a critical job in front of him, Resilience wants to make everyone proud, including both human and nonhuman.


What I Thought Of It - Five Observations/Reflections:
*Such an incredible and unique story.

*As much as Resilience is a robot, he is a character with so much HEART.

*I was fascinated by the journey he took from creation to the riveting conclusion.

*Jasmine's writing was as strong as ever and she knows how to hook a reader and not let go until the very end.

*As I was reading, I could picture all the young readers out there being captivated by the story of a Robot, going to Mars, and all that happens in-between.  


Who Should Read It:
*I think this is the perfect story for readers in grades four, five, and six.  The middle-school reader would also be absolutely perfect for the novel.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:   4 STARS out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment