Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, January 21, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (1/21/13)



Thanks to Jen and Kellee for hosting this idea on their site.  Here is a link to their site...
                
                 http://www.teachmentortexts.com/


*I've made it three Mondays in a row with posting my reading.  I love fresh starts and I love the books I've been reading...


Books I Read this Past Week...

 
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

*1 Star out of 5 Stars
*I just couldn't get into this book. 
*It was a lot of "skim" and "scan" for me. 







Me Before You by JoJo Moyes

*5 Stars out of 5 Stars
*This is our second #ABCT (Adult Book Club on Twitter)

 






Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool

*5 Stars out of 5 Stars
*I can't wait to share this book with my class.
*See my review for more details! 








Books I Will Read This Coming Week...
 
The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis

*I have been reading this book on and off for a few weeks.
*I want to give it more attention this week and finish.
*Extremely well-written book! 







 Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain

*It is my turn to pick a book for my BBC (Boy's Book Club)
*I'm thinking this might be it because of all the great reviews.








Hokey Pokey by Jerry Spinelli 

*Don't know much about this book.
*Always love a new release from a well-known author.








 Geeks, Girls, and Secret Identities by Mike Jung

*I'm excited to read this book as I have seen many Twitter pals giving it good revivews. 


No comments:

Post a Comment