Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #106 (Back to School)...

Wonder Wednesday - Starting a New Year

*There is nothing more exciting to me than starting a new school year.

*I'm starting my 25th year of teaching and I still get that "feeling" in the pit of my stomach when I open a new school year.


*One of the most exciting parts for me is setting up the classroom space that my students and I will be spending the next 170 days in.

*The central focus of our classroom is of course BOOKS.

*I took a few moments this morning to take a walk around the round and snap some pictures...


 Reading in the Wild by Donalyn Miller

 Comprehension Connections - Bridges to Strategic Reading
 by Tanny McGregor

 Notice and Note: Strategies for Close Reading
 by Kylene Beers & Robert E. Probst

 The Cafe Book by Gail Boushey & Joan Moser "The Sisters"

 Book Corner

 A Few Picture Book Bins

 One Graphic Novel Bin

 Spiral Moveable Library

 Reading Strategies

Welcome Bulletin Board - Five Teams of Five
(Celebrating the two schools where my own kids go)


 Love this Poster

 Our Read Aloud and Bins of Books

 More Bins of Books and Our First Picture Book

 Best Reading Chair EVER!  

My Collection of Hard Cover Books

No comments:

Post a Comment