Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, October 23, 2015

Friend Friday #113 (Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie by Julie Sternberg)...

Hi!  I’m Makiya and I’m reading the book called Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie written by Julie Sternberg.


I think this book is awesome because I like pickles and I like cookies and both of these were in the story.  


My favorite part in the story is when she writes a letter to her babysitter because I also like to write letters (emails) to people.  





The character that I liked best is Eleanor because she was very smart and clever.  I think it is great when people are smart and it was fun to read how clever she was.  


I think the author wrote this book because she might have been sharing a part of her life when she was a kid.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it is a really good book and there are two more in the series to read.  


Reading to me is wonderful because I love to read books a lot and read about different people.  


*Makiya is a fourth grader in my class.  She LOVES to read!

*In the beginning of the school year she saw this book on our shelf and picked it as one of her first reads.  As soon as she was done, she began another one in the series.  

*I love when this happens.  It is a sure sign of a great story.  

*To me this is the perfect set of  books for readers in fourth grade.  







No comments:

Post a Comment